Poundgate Park Cottage is a beatiful two bedroom East Sussex Holiday Home for four people in Crowborough. The property adjoins the owner's property and backs onto the owners 5 acres garden including a woodland and wild duck pound (unfenced).
Set in an Edwardian walled garden enjoying a private patio and decking area and large area of lawn with an orchard and mature trees.The rooms have glorious garden views and the garden has far reaching views of rolling hills and the South Downs.
Just across the road is Ashdown Forest with excelllent opportunities for walking, picnics and horse riding.There is a character pub/restaurant opposite with open fires in winter.
The front door leads to a tiled entrance lobby with hanging space for coats the corridor leads to a spacious wetroom with power shower, toilet and basin.The kitchen is well equipped and has a
- Electric Oven/Hob
- Washing Machine & Tumble Dryer
The lounge/dinning room has wooden floors with a rug, a dinning table and chairs, leather sofa and arm chairs and TV/DVD.The patio doors lead onto a deck with BBQ and garden furniture.The two bedrooms also have wooden floors, one is a double with double-size bed and the other a twin bedded room.The property is tastefully decorated; the walls are adorned with original artwork painted by the owner, who is also an artist.
- Duvets, pillows, linen and towels included in the rent
- LPG own heating system. All fuel included in the rent
- TV/DVD with Freeview
- Selection of DVDs
- Board games
- Private/Off road parking for multiple car
- Well behaved dog by arrangement
- Children welcome
- Cod & High Chair provided on request
- Garden tables & chairs
- Outdoor games
Poundgate Park Cottage is 2 miles from Crowborough Town centre, one time home of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - Creator of Sherlock Holmes. Crowborough has a good selection of shops, restaurants and pubs, and indoor svvimming at the Goldsmith Leisure Centre. Crowborough Golf club is very close by. Approximately 7 miles to the Spa town of Tunbridge Wells and within easy access to the historic tovvn of Lewes and the seaside towns of Brighton and Eastbourne, the surrounding countryside abounds with walking and cycling terrain and the property is in a designated area of outstanding natural beauty.
There are many National Trust homes, gardens and places of interest, East Sussex National Golf Course, Glyndebourne Opera House, Sheffield Park, Wakehurst Place, Groombridge Place, the village of Rotherfield with its Antique shops, fishing and sailing at Blue Water,Llama trekking, to name but a few, are all within a short distance.
Poundgate Park House is a family sized house offers warm and spacious accommodation for large parties of up to ten guests. Set within their own grounds, these two adjoining, well-presented holiday properties are nestled just across the road from Ashdown Forest, an ancient area of peaceful heathland within the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. They both feature beautiful original art works throughout.
Poundgate Park House can accommodate up to ten holidaymakers in style, with a balconied bedroom that commands far-reaching, unbroken views across fields, along with a wood burner in the living room to provide that warm and welcoming ambience after a leisurely stroll through the forest.
The forest is a haven for native wildlife, so keep your eyes peeled for deer, badgers and grazing sheep. It’s also perfect terrain not only for walkers, but for cyclists as well. 2 miles away is Crowborough – highly acclaimed by the Edwardians as a health resort due to its height above sea level. The town is also the former home of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, author of Sherlock Holmes, and should the weather take a turn for the worse, the leisure centre provides excellent swimming opportunities.
Royal Tunbridge Wells makes for an equally great day out just 7 miles away. The town takes its name from the well in the centre, an ancient chalybeate spring that was first discovered over 400 years ago. The iron-rich waters were served up to visitors by a ‘Dipper’, a tradition that is still proudly carried on even today. The Pantiles, a Georgian colonnade that once served as a meeting place for gentry, is also well worth a visit thanks to its eclectic mix of shops, eateries, art galleries and a weekly farmers’ market.
Other historic attractions in the region include a fairy tale moated castle at Bodiam, the turreted Arundel Castle, the blooming gardens of Herstmonceux Castle and Sheffield Park. Take the Bluebell Railway for a trip through some of the most beautiful countryside in the High Weald, observe the animals (and Thomas the Tank Engine) at Drusillas Zoo Park, or partake in some wine tasting events at one of the local vineyards. Alternatively, head to the beach for a day at Brighton or Eastbourne, take a boat trip around the bay or stroll along the pier with an ice cream in hand. Shop 2 miles, pub and restaurant 150 yards. The roperties can be booked together to accommodate up to 14 guests.
- Ground Floor:
- 2 steps down to...
- Open plan living space.
- Living area: With wood burner, 55" TV (Netflix and Amazon), DVD player, wooden floor and bi-fold doors leading to terrace.
- Dining area: With bi-fold doors leading to terrace.
- Kitchen area: With double electric oven, electric hob, microwave, fridge/freezer and dishwasher.
- Games room: With 46" TV, Playstation 4, Wii and a selection of games.
- Conservatory: With seating area, piano and tiled floor.
- Bedroom 1: With kingsize bed and oak floor.
- Separate toilet.
- Open-tread stairs to...
- First Floor:
- Utility area: With washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Bedroom 2: With kingsize bed, sloping ceiling, door leading to balcony and en-suite wet room with shower and toilet.
- Bedroom 3: With twin beds (one shorter length, 175cm) and en-suite with shower cubicle and toilet.
- Bedroom 4: With double bed and sloping ceiling.
- Bedroom 5: With twin beds.
- Bedroom 6: With double bed and sloping ceiling.
- Bathroom: With free standing bath, shower cubicle, toilet and tiled floor.
- Fuel for wood burner included. Large, lawned garden with terrace, garden furniture and barbecue. Private parking for 5 cars.
Both properties: LPG central heating, electricity, bed linen, towels and Wi-Fi included. Travel cot and highchair. Welcome pack. Shared 5-acre grounds with woodland. No smoking. Please note: There is an unfenced pond in the grounds, 44 yards away.